Introduction to ACIDITY Cleanse
Life in the modern world is a highly competitive and stressful. Most of us have to work very hard to just survive a meagre living and this causes tremendous strain on our body that results in problems such as acidity and heartburns. We have designed and adapted this age-old therapy to suit the modern lifestyle and to help you detox the various pollutants in your body. This Cleanse should give you a breath of fresh life.Acidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an imbalance between the acid secreting mechanism of the stomach and proximal intestine, and the protective mechanisms that ensure their safety. The stomach normally secretes acids essential for the digestive process. These acids help in breaking down food during digestion. When there is excess production of acids by the gastric glands of the stomach, it results in acidity.
Acidic, alkaline solutions and pH
The term pH stands for power or ‘potential of Hydrogen’. It is the negative logarithm of effective hydrogen ion concentration or hydrogen ion activity in gram equivalents per litre of the solution. It is measured on a scale of 0 to 14 (neutral is seven).
The lower the pH, the more acidic the solution and the higher the pH, the more alkaline. For example, a pH of 5 is more acidic than a pH of 6 and a pH of 9 is more alkaline than a pH of 8. Water (H2O) is made of one hydrogen (H+ ) and one hydroxyl (OH-) ions. When these ions are in equal proportions, the pH is a neutral 7. When there are more H+ than OH- ions, then the solution is acidic.
If OH ions outnumber the H+ ions, then the solution is alkaline. The pH scale is logarithmic, which means that each step is 10 times different than the previous level. In other words, a pH of 4.5 is 10 times more acidic than a pH of 5.5 and 100 times more acidic than a pH of 6.5.
What is normal pH level?
In healthy adults, the pH levels of blood, spinal fluid and saliva is approximately 7.4. The pH of the blood is most critical. All other organs and fluids fluctuate in their values to keep the blood pH level strictly between 7.35 and 7.45 (slightly alkaline). This process is called homoeostasis. The body makes constant adjustments in tissue and fluid pH to maintain this very narrow pH range in the blood. This creates stress on other tissues or body systems. For example, the body draws the necessary calcium from bones and other alkaline substances, such as the muscles, so that the heart and brain function at full levels.
Importance of proper pH balance
Virtually all degenerative diseases, including heart disease, arthritis, osteoporosis, kidney/gallbladder stones and tooth decay, are associated with excess acidity in the body. Cancer and many other diseases cannot exist in an alkaline environment. When the pH of the body gets out of balance and becomes too acidic, we may experience low energy levels, fatigue, excess weight, poor digestion, aches and pains and other more serious disorders. The symptoms listed on page 41-42 become more prominent. Regardless of your current health situation, you can monitor your progress toward a proper acid-alkaline balance by testing your saliva’s pH. The pH of our saliva parallels with that of the extracellular fluid and represents the most consistent and definitive physical sign of the ionic calcium deficiency syndrome.
How to test pH of saliva?
The acidity level of the human body is not routinely checked. During endoscopy, it is sometimes measured in terms of the pH levels of gastric juices. However, there is a simple way to test the pH level of saliva.
I have shown a sample of a strip on page 35. For testing the pH of saliva, a red coloured thin liquid called pH testing liquid (measuring 5 ml) is available with all big chemists. If you mix your saliva with this liquid, then the colour changes to one of the eight colours.
Another way to test the saliva (and also urine) pH is to use a pH test strip kit. The pH of the non-deficient and healthy person is in the slightly alkaline range of 7.3 (dark blue) to 7.1 (blue). The range from 6.5 (blue green), weakly acidic, to 4.5 (light yellow), strongly acidic, represents states from mildly deficient to strongly deficient, respectively.
The pH of the saliva of a newborn child is normally 7.35 (strongly alkaline). More than half the adults show a pH of 6.5 or lower, reflecting calcium deficiency, due to aging and lifestyle defects. A cancer patient’s test result will usually show a bright yellow (a pH of 4.5), especially when the cancer is terminal. You should endeavour to keep the pH of your saliva at 7+ level. Then, you will have no health problems.
How does the body become too acidic?
The body becomes imbalanced and overly acidic, primarily as a result of three things:
Eating too many acidifying food, such as processed sugar, meats, dairy products, coffee and alcohol, create an acidic ash in the body. These acids can overload the body’s ability to neutralise them.
Pathogens create acidifying toxins in the body. As the body becomes more acidic, more and more harmful bacteria and yeast proliferate in the body. These organisms eat as well as procreate, resulting in more toxins that are often very acidifying.
Improper elimination of acids
Some acids are weak while others are strong. Weak acids, such as citric acid, are more easy to neutralise than strong acids, such as uric acid. The body uses many systems to buffer acids, including breath, mineral reserves and fat. When the body’s buffering systems are compromised, acidity increases.
Effects of acidity
Maintaining the proper pH in the blood, digestive tract, tissues and fluids is essential for optimal health. High levels of acidity in the body can have far reaching consequences. For example, if the blood becomes too acidic, then:
Additional stress is placed on the kidneys, gallbladder, pancreas and other organs.
It is a widespread common disorder. If not treated in time, it leads to ulcer formation in the digestive tract. Chronic hyperacidity interrupts all cellular activities and functions, and interferes with life itself.
It is mainly caused when hydrochloric acid, an important component of the digestive juices, is produced in excess, due to the following:
Stress-related conditions, such as anger, fear and anxiety
Acidity or hyperacidity may manifest in more ways than those listed below. This list is not exhaustive:
If your saliva pH is too acidic, you may have to increase the alkalinity of your body. This can be done by including green vegetable juices in your diet. Green juices are a potent fuel in maintaining good health; and they do not come burdened with fats that accompany animal products.
Green vegetable juices
Fresh green vegetable juices work as detoxification drinks and have a powerful effect on the recuperative powers of the body, because of rich and easily absorbable nutrients. Fresh vegetable juices contain proteins, carbohydrates, chlorophyll, mineral electrolytes and healing aromatic oils. Most importantly, a fresh juice makes large amounts of plant enzymes available to every cell in our body, an integral part of the healing and restoration process.
Green vegetable juices also contain large amounts of vitamins B 1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B6, B12, C, carotene, choline, folic acid and pantothenic acid. They are high in minerals, such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium and phosphorus. They are full of enzymes useful for digestion and assimilation; some contain over a hundred known enzymes necessary for human cell response and growth.
Green drinks also have anti-infective properties. They remove acid wastes, increase body pH levels, and are an excellent source for mucus cleansing. They can also help in clearing the skin, cleansing the kidneys, purifying and building blood supply. Green drinks are critical to the success of not only the Acidity Cleanse but also for every cleansing program. The chlorophyll present in various green juices is highly alkaline and forms the basis of our treatment.
Blood tonic – chlorophyll
The molecular composition of chlorophyll is very close to that of human haemoglobin. These drinks can act as mini-transfusions of blood and tonic for the brain and the immune system, since chlorophyll is absorbed directly into the blood stream.
Comparison of human blood haemoglobin and plant blood chlorophyll
Formula of human blood (haemoglobin) – C34H32O4N4CIFe
Formula of plant blood (chlorophyll-b) -C55H72O5 N4Mg
Blood and chlorophyll resemble each other structurally in the following manner:
How to make vegetable juice?
Only use clean and fresh vegetables. You may combine different vegetables in any proportion to suit the needs of your body and taste. Organically grown vegetables are preferred.
Alternatively, they may be soaked overnight in potassium permanganate (KMnO4) solution. I use fresh vegetables (which may have been cultivated using pesticides and fertilisers), purchased from the ordinary market, without potassium permanganate.
I feel that after undergoing numerous Kidney and Liver Cleanses, the immunity of the human body is sufficiently enhanced to fight the detrimental effects of pesticides and fertilisers.
Do not mix fruits and vegetables while extracting the juice. Wash the vegetables, cut them into small pieces and put them in a juicer. Buy a juicer if you don’t have one. Meanwhile, you may use a mixer- cum-grinder. Strain this mixture through a coarse strainer (Úveveer) with large holes, so that you get enough fibre. The large holes in the strainer allow medium and small pieces of fibre to flow with the juice. Only large pieces, which you find difficult to swallow are strained. The residual green paste can be used in chapati flour.
Drink it fresh, since it spoils quickly. Do not use it beyond 11⁄2 days, even if it has been stored in the fridge. For example, if you have prepared the juice today morning, you can use it only until tomorrow evening.
Check whether your stool sinks or floats
Whether your stool sinks or floats is dependent on its fat as well as water soluble content. Stool that has spent a relatively long time in the large bowel (constipation) will have had most of the water removed and will be dense and heavy, so, it will sink. In comparison, when someone is suffering from diarrhoea, the stool is rushed along the large intestine and very little water gets removed. This results in loose stool, which tends to float. The condition that can affect the colour and density of stool is malabsorption, where some of the vital nutrients from the diet are not absorbed by the small intestine and are left in the stool. This occurs when the pancreatic gland is not working properly, and can result in the passage of large, pale coloured stool, which floats due to the high fat content. Sometimes, they float due to microscopic air bubbles, trapped inside.
Whatever be the condition, observe your stool after drinking 200 ml of green vegetable juice three times a day for a week. Ingested food will be well digested and absorbed. All the fat will be properly metabolised, the stool will become soft and will sink.
Remember take enough fibre, chlorophyll, proteins, carbohydrates, mineral electrolytes and nutrients in their natural form. Drink one glass (200 ml) three times a day (nearly 600 ml in a day). After that, decide on the quantity best suited to you. Modify the dosage according to the tolerance level and physical condition of your body. Bear in mind that it is impossible for us to imbibe these juices in excess, since nature has designed us to eat raw food and has provided an inbuilt limiting mechanism that helps us know when to stop.
Witness the miraculous cure, for all your problems, unfold within a week. Many of my friends have replaced their morning tea with a glass of green vegetable juice. Drinking this fresh green juice overnight fights stomach acidity and provides a great start to the day.
Ingredients and tools to make green juices
Green vegetable juices
The juices included here have been used with therapeutic success for many years. You can be confident about their nutritional healing and regenerative ability. A random selection from the following vegetables can be used to start with, in the same or lesser quantity.
Special vegetable juices
Some specific combinations for individual needs are given below. Try them thrice daily for a week to notice a difference. You may omit any vegetable, if it is not available or does not suit you:
- Potassium juice Make juice using three carrots, three celery stalks, one bunch of spinach and one bunch of parsley. This is the single most effective juice for cleansing, neutralising acids and rebuilding the body. It is a blood and body tonic that provides rapid energy and system balance.
- Personal best V-8 Make juice using eight green tomatoes, four green onions with tops intact, one capsicum, two carrots with tops intact, two celery stalks, one bunch of spinach, one bunch of parsley and two lemons. Personal best is a high vitamin/mineral drink for normalising body balance.
- Cleansing energy tonic Make juice using four cups of mixed sprouts (e.g., sunflower and/or moong dal), one large carrot, one celery, one cucumber and one green onion. It is a good afternoon ‘pick-me-up’ juice during a seven day cleanse.
- Kidney flush Make juice using four carrots with tops intact, one cucumber, four beets with tops intact, one handful of spinach and four celery stalks. Kidney flush is a sure shot kidney cleanser and diuretic, with high levels of potassium and other minerals.
- Fungi/yeast cleanser Make juice using one bunch of parsley, two garlic cloves, six carrots and two celery stalks. This juice is beneficial in treating all type of fungi and yeast problems.
- General health tonic Make juice using four carrots, one cucumber and two celery stalks. Regular intake of this tonic increases stamina and vitality.
- Prostate cleanser Make juice using two large handfuls of mixed dark green leaves, especially spinach, chinese kale, collard and dandelion and three large green tomatoes. This juice can be had regularly after the age of fifty for better prostate health.
- Skin cleanser Make juice using one cucumber, one bunch of fresh parsley, 100 gms of alfalfa sprouts and four sprigs of fresh mint. This deep green cleanse nourishes and tones skin tissues from within.
- Excess body fluid/water cleanser Make juice using one cucumber, one beet, one radish, one apple without seeds and four carrots with tops intact. You can lose a couple of kgs by drinking this juice.
- Calcium/magnesium juice Make juice using two garlic cloves, one handful of parsley, one cucumber, four carrots with tops intact and two celery stalks. This helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Arthritis relief detox Make juice using a large handful of spinach, a large handful of parsley, a large handful of watercress, five carrots with tops intact and three radishes. Arthritis relief detox increases the flexibility of all joints and can be done along with a Joint Cleanse.
- Bladder infection detox Make juice using three broccoli flowerets, one garlic clove, two large green tomatoes, two celery stalks and one capsicum. This detox juice increases bladder health and cures Urinary
- Cleanse for Crohn’s disease and colitis Make juice using three handfuls of greens – one bunch of spinach, one bunch of parsley and one bunch of chinese kale or collard; and three beets with tops intact, five carrots, one capsicum and one apple without seeds. You can get relief in colitis and other digestive problems by drinking this juice regularly.
- Diverticulitis detox Make juice using one large handful of parsley, one small green cabbage, two large green tomatoes, four carrots with tops intact, four garlic cloves and two celery stalks. This juice not only brings relief in case of diverticulitis, but also promotes over all digestive health.
- Piles and varicose veins detox Make juice using three handfuls of dark greens, such as chinese kale leaves, parsley, spinach or watercress and five carrots with tops intact, one green bell pepper and two tomatoes. Due to excess vitamin C, calcium and bioflavonoid, collagen production increases, which helps in growth of new elastic tissues.
- Constipation cleanser Make juice using one small green cabbage, three celery stalks and five carrots with tops intact. You can benefit in almost all types of constipation problems by drinking this juice for a few days every month.