Introduction to Kidney Cleanse
Kidneys are the primary organs that remove toxins. We have two kidneys located in the lumbar region, a little below the waist, oriented toward the back. Each kidney weighs nearly 150 gms and is about the size of an adult fist. They are bean-shaped and reddish brown in colour. A Kidney Cleanse is essential to keep you fit and look young! Kidney Cleanse is not only beneficial in removal of stones from kidneys, it also helps you get rid of back pain and has been found to be very effective in various gynaecological problems including pre and post menstrual symptoms.
Anatomy of the Kidney
Each kidney has three regions – the cortex, the medulla and the renal pelvis. The outer layer, the cortex, contains nearly 12,00,000 filtering units called nephrons, each consisting of a glomerulus and a renal tubule. Blood flows into a network of capillaries, surrounding each tubule, from the glomerulus, where substances that the body still needs, such as water, glucose and certain salts, are reabsorbed and restored to the blood. In a process called filtration, blood containing waste products, enters the glomerulus, where the cells extract water and waste products, such as urine.
The purified blood is then returned to general circulation throughout the body. Waste, in the form of urine, passes through the ureter into the bladder and regulates acidity of the blood. Everyday, the body’s entire volume of blood passes through the kidneys more than 300 times, a flow of nearly 1800 litres, almost all of which is reabsorbed and returned to the blood stream.
The middle part, the medulla, consists of cone shaped groups of urine collecting ducts. The inner region – the renal pelvis, branches into cavities called major and minor calyxes. Each minor calyx gathers urine from the medulla, which is then collected in the major calyxes and funnelled into the ureter.
The kidneys keep the body’s chemistry balanced by removing waste products and excess water. They also regulate blood pressure and stimulate Red Blood Cell (RBC) production. Some of its other functions include:
The body can stay healthy with just a single kidney. However, it is important to treat kidney disorders promptly because some disorders progress rapidly, often affecting both kidneys, before they are even detected. Kidney stones, kidney failures and kidney shrinkage are some of the common problems.
Some of the major causes of kidney problems are:
The symptoms of a weak kidney can vary considerably from one individual to another. The initial signs of the onset of kidney problems may be general and include:
Cooked food and pollution affect proper functioning of the kidneys due to which nephrons are unable to remove toxins from the blood properly. These toxins get accumulated, as the body is unable to expel them naturally. Over a long period of time, these toxins form tiny stones that are very difficult for the body to remove and require surgery. A Kidney Cleanse dissolves these stones and dilates the pores so that they can easily pass out of the body. A Kidney Cleanse is also used to cleanse the kidneys from within, by removing deeply embedded toxic wastes.
- Tea (काढ़ा) made from corn silk (भुट्टे के बाल) – extract or fresh or dried. Ideally, the corn silk should be dried in sunlight. If it is dried properly, it can be preserved for a long time. Washing the dried corn silk before use is strictly prohibited as it loses a lot of its medicinal value. Moreover, the dust and impurities in it can be removed by sedimentation process in which the corn silk is strained before use.
- Tea, made from parsley (a foreign vegetable that looks like green coriander) or coriander leaves (धनिये के पत्ते), should be used fresh. Rinse them in water before boiling. They should be strongly fragrant. If not, they may have lost most of their active ingredients, or,
- Tea made from watermelon seeds (तरबूज के बीज) with their skin intact. The seeds can be black or brown in colour. These can be dried and preserved. Some provision stores that sell agricultural produce also stock watermelon seeds. They are marked ‘poison’, since they have been treated with pesticides. Therefore, you need to wash and dry them before use. Pound them before boiling, so that the medicine from the skin and the innards gets mixed with the water. Do not grind or wash the seeds after crushing..
I encourage self-medication. When you are doing it for the first time, you may adhere to the following dosage:
|No.||Item||Quantity||Colour of Tea|
Corn Silk (Extract)
|5 g||Dark brown|
|2||Corn Silk (Fresh)||500 g||Dark brown|
|3||Corn Silk (Dried)||50 g||Dark brown|
|4||Parsley / Coriander (Fresh)||500 g||Green|
|5||Watermelon seeds||200 g||Brown|
Observe the results by yourself and decide whether to increase or decrease the dosages for subsequent use. You may decide the most appropriate quantity and frequency for yourself, though the highest dosage and frequency (the maximum quantity that you can tolerate) is recommended. Taking concentrated medicine in larger quantities yields quicker and better results as the medicine reaches deeper into the affected organ. If nausea or any other undesirable symptom, such as stomach pain, occur, then reduce the dosage. Some people get better results with corn silk, while others with parsley/coriander leaves or watermelon seeds.
However, everyone gets some results using any of the four ingredients. Some have even reported good results with watermelon seeds without the skins, which are available at most grocery stores.
To make concentrated tea, fill the vessel/pot with just enough water to cover the ingredients and boil any of the three ingredients for 10 minutes. Strain the water and keep it aside. Boil the residue again with fresh water for 10 minutes. Strain it and add it to the water set aside in the previous step. Follow this procedure one more time or until the mixture begins to lose colour. This indicates that the ingredient has no more medicine left in it.
Let the strained mixture stand for a few minutes so that any sediment present sinks to the bottom of the vessel. Carefully, without any sudden movement, pour the upper layer of the mixture into another vessel, until the sediment at the bottom starts flowing. Stop and discard this sediment. This procedure, known as decantation, can be used to separate fine residue from the mixture. Cool the strained mixture. The medicine is now ready for use.
Drink one litre of this mixture 3-4 times or more during the day. The mixture has to be stored in a refrigerator otherwise it will get spoiled. It can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of a day or two. If refrigerated, it may coagulate (thicken) slightly but its medicinal properties are not affected. If you cannot drink the cold liquid, then you may warm it to your taste. Warming does not affect its medicinal properties.
What results can you expect?
When toxins are accumulated in the body and the kidneys cannot filter them out, they are circulated in the blood stream. To reduce the ill-effects of these toxins, the body tends to keep them in a diluted form, thereby retaining more water. When the level of water in the blood stream increases, it causes a condition known as oedema. This results in increased body weight, and swollen face and ankles. During a Kidney Cleanse, the extra water retained in the blood stream is also released. Expect an increase in urination as a result of the cleanse.
During the course of treatment, nearly 1% of patients feel nauseous and nearly 3% experience mild stomach pain. However, these conditions are not severe and are caused due to the hyperactivity of nephrons during the cleansing process. The pain subsides on its own in 1-2 hours and does not require any treatment. The final result is exhilarating freshness.
The first round of treatment should be over in a day and instant improvement will be visible, including:
- Dissolution of kidney stones
- Glowing face,
- better skin tone with shining and fairer complexion,
- reduced dark circles below the eyes
- Higher energy levels
- Improved haemoglobin levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Increase in calcium levels (treatment of osteoporosis)
- Increased activity levels
- Old accumulated toxins expelled from the kidney and blood
- Regulated blood pressure (marginally high or low BP are controlled without medication)
- Relief from backache and body pain
- For females, improvement in Pre-Menstrual Symptoms (PMS) and almost all gynaecological problems
- No more bed wetting and prostrate problems.